Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

My Droid 3 wont turn on. Because its screen went blank, I

My Droid 3 won't turn...
My Droid 3 won't turn on. Because its screen went blank, I thought its battery was drained and needed to be recharged. However, having plugged it into the recharger and given it sufficient time to recharge, it still is blank. The phone acts as if it is completely dead. It won't turn on.

I have had the phone for less than 2 months.
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2011
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Unfortunately you will have to perform a factory reset of the device.

As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same account. As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.

• Power the device off.
    Note Press the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, remove and replace the battery
  • Slide the keyboard open.
    Keyboard open
  • Press and hold the Power button+X key simultaneously until the Recovery screen (exclamation point with an android figure) appears.
    Power button and X key
  • Slide keyboard closed then simultaneously press the volume up+down keys.
    Volume keys
  • Press Volume down to select wipe data/factory reset the press the Power button.
    Note Utilize the Volume keys (up / down) to select.
  • Press Volume down to select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power button.
    Note Factory reset process may take several moments to complete.
  • Ensure reboot system now is selected then press the Power button.
    Note Reboot process may take several minutes to complete.
  •  

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. If not and I have helped you today Please press the Accept Button so I am credited for my time Assisting you! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

Click here and BOOKMARK the page to get me directly with ANY questions in the future! HelpWithAndroid.com

The answers says, "If no response, remove and replace the battery."

How do I remove the battery? The back of the phone appears to be one solid piece? And when you say replace the battery, do you mean to put the same battery back into the phone, or "replace" the battery with a new battery?

Yes, use the same battery Wink.

At the top of the phone, the back cover has a little slot big enough for a fingernail. You start prying the cover off from there. It snaps on rather than slides so just keep gently prying.

Answers by Eric
    Answers by Eric, Developer
    Just taking the battery out and putting it back in got my phone working again. Thanks for your help. It saved me a trip to the verizon store. My fingernails may need a little filing and repainting now though. Embarassed

Well, I cant recommend a good manicurist lol, but I am super happy that the phone is working again!

If you ever need anything (trust me there is a lot you can learn about what you can do with an Android!) you can get me directly at HelpWithAndroid.com.

Have a great day, and go get your nails done!

Answers by Eric
    Answers by Eric
    Answers by Eric, Developer