Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 1962 deere diesel tractor and i cant find a

Customer Question
I have a 1962...

I have a 1962 john deere diesel tractor and i cant find a replacement engine ,my question is there another newer engine that may fit this year

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time engine was replaced? Do you need help finding the exact parts?

I dont know when it was replaced ,just bought it an`d online there are no place to buy a reman.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model of your 1962 tractor?

1010 john deere diesel 4 cyl.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the tractor Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Noy that i am aware of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/28/2022
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** to hear you are having these troubles sourcing parts for this tractor.. I would highly recommend attempting to rebuild your existing engine in order to keep everything factory. In a lot of cases when repowering is done you may get a less than desired result unfortunately and decrease the value of the tractor at the same time while creating parts replacement problems if service is needed after the repower. Go to the John Deere online parts catalog.. this will allow you access to all of the part numbers for your make and model with your serial number equipment so you can compare part numbers when checking all models that use the same flywheel and flywheel housing or even potentially the same engine block. I would highly recommend that you also reach out to pb&h equipment out of Antrim New Hampshire and let them know what you are looking for because they can put this on a component locator and specialize in New, used, and aftermarket John Deere parts. I hope you find this information helpful.