Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have a Deere 6850 with 12.5 l it started and then die couple…

Customer Question
Have a John Deere...

Have a John Deere 6850 with 12.5 l it started and then die couple minutes later now won’t start getting fuel when cranking fuel comes back to return to fuel tank but won’t fire will fire on starting fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the model and year of your Deere?

1999 6850 forage harvester

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss more noticeable when accelerating or idling?

It won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Agriculture Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I change cam sensor and fuel filter check all fuses

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/5/2022
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** to hear you're having these troubles with this equipment. Bee sure to check for any fuel leaks or restrictions between your fuel tank and your fuel pump. Replace your fuel filters and inspect your existing filters for contaminated fuel. Further check for proper operation of your fuel shutoff To verify that fuel is getting to the injectors. If you have good fuel supply but little to no or weak fuel delivery, it's an indication of an injection pump and possible injectors that are in need of rebuild or replacement that are worn out of specifications. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further advice is needed.