Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Turn Ignition switch on starter not engaging and fuel pump…

Customer Question
Turn Ignition switch on...

Turn Ignition switch on starter not engaging and fuel pump not coming on new stater and fuel pump shut gator off came back got on and nothing key switch good have 12v to starter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2009 620i gator xuv Ser# *****

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/17/2022
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

K

Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this equipment. If you have confirmed power in and out of the ignition switch in each position then do a thorough inspection of the wiring and all of the connector pins for any type of corrosion or damage that would cause a short or open circuit. Look for any safety related switches such as a seat switch, neutral safety type switch, etc. that could also possibly prevent power from signaling the starter solenoid to crank. You will have the main battery post with constant power. It's the small signal wire that energizes the solenoid for the starter motor to crank. If there is no power going to that wire, this would be your problem within the ignition circuit. Click on these three links below. Two of them are options for a service book for your model equipment available for download. The third one is access to the online parts catalog that you can use as reference to identify components for your model and serial number gator.

https://therepairmanual.com/john-deere/john-deere-xuv-620i-gator-utility-vehicle-service-manual-tm1736/

https://catexcavatorservice.com/john-deere-gator-xuv-620i-service-and-repair-manual/

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/search

I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further advice is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Check the wire going to the solenoid no power chick neutral switch switch is good all ready have service manual Couldn't make any sense out of it . The gator was running fine all I did was turn it off came back and no start but I also noticed that the fuel pump is not coming on either but check it out and it's good so whatever it is it's a fix both of those things the seal annoyed in the fuel pump I guess my spark because I tried to jump across it was a hot wire and it will not start it'll crank but won't start so it's telling me I don't have any spark

A problem like this is beyond entry-level diagnostics unfortunately. This is something that someone who is familiar with reading electrical schematics and testing out the circuit in accordance to those schematics and diagrams is going to have to get involved in. If you have a friend that's an auto or truck mechanic and pretty good with electrical,This would be something you would want to ask them to help you with unless you were going to bring it in to a repair shop. These things are always running fine unfortunately until they are not.