Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

How do you remove the R side of JD 457 cleaning roll bearing…

Customer Question
How do you remove...

How do you remove the R side of JD 457 cleaning roll bearing on a baler silage special

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Don have it right now...will try later...thanks...

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

JD mechanic doesn't know how to remove it...

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

R side cleaning roll of 457 JD silage special round baler...L side is off

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 3 days by:
3/5/2022
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc. Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this equipment. Not sure which part of the process You're exactly stuck on  but I do recommend that you have the shop manual on hand on any major disassembly such as this to make sure that all of your tolerances are correct and no steps are missed on reassembly that could cause a premature failure after assembly. Click on the links I posted below for both reasonably priced PDF version manuals, also the link for the online parts ccatalog where you can reference your parts diagrams as well. 

https://www.servicemanualbit.com/downloads/john-deere-457-457-silage-special-and-557-round-balers-operators-manual/

https://aplusmanual.com/2003/john-deere-457s-467s-silage-special-447-457-467-547-557-567-round-balers-repair-service-manual

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/search

I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with any further details and any photos if any further advice is needed.