Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Clutch drags difficult shifting. 4270 g34021. Had clutch…

Customer Question
Clutch drags difficult shifting ...

Clutch drags difficult shifting

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

4270 g34021

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had clutch replaced clutch workes fine except for draging

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Agriculture Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Increasing helps however not always on rare occasions it shifts perfectly

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
increasing rpm helps
are you there?
it's an oil cooled clutch does the oil pressure have anything to do with the ability for the clutch to release? if so would the oil control valve have anything to do with the problem?clutch engages fine does not slip you can stall the tractor by stomping on the brake
1/31/2022
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Do you have around an inch or less of freeplay on the clutch? too much free play ill not let the clutch fully disengage, causing gears to grind.
There is more than an inch

try adjsuting the linkage to bring the freeplay to 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

Ok thank you

Thanks.

Can you answer my question about the oil

The oil pressure should not affect the clutch engagement.

Could it be in the clutch release mechanism?my shop manual says clutch is fitted with a heavy duty release bearing and should not need routine replacement.Theres little if any adjustment left on the clutch cable been that way since new clutch was put in

The more travel on the throwout bearing, the better the clutch releases. You may need a new cable!

I think you're right thank you!

Thank you!