Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I was clearing snow with my Kioti DK35, stopped to raise the…

Customer Question
I was clearing snow...

I was clearing snow with my Kioti DK35, stopped to raise the bucket slightly, and when I tried to move forward again it acted like it was in neutral. Motor is running fine. I can put the gears in any position as normal. The lever controlling forward, reverse, or neutral moves exactly as it did before but the tractor gets no power to the wheels. Any idea why?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Agriculture Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

The tractor has only 600 hours on it. It has been stuck in 4wd for quite a while, but that isn't much of a problem to me.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
12/23/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule. I am not available for phone calls. If the site flags for a call, you can either disregard it or your call request will be posted for other professionals who may be logged into the site at the time to accept your request offer if they choose to do so.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this tractor. Check your transmission oil level and condition for any traces of metal or other trash and debris that would flag internal mechanical problems existing within the transmission. Check all of your shift controls for any potential damage or problems as well. If there are no signs of any trash or debris that would flag or confirm internal mechanical failure or problems of the transmission, I recommend having your pressures checked and verified whether or not they are within factory specifications for your model and serial number service book. The other thing to check is whether or not there is a problem with the clutch itself connecting power between the engine and your transmission. 

I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.