Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Deere 2305, cannot tell if I have enough or not enough

John Deere 2305, cannot...

John Deere 2305, cannot tell if I have enough or not enough hydraulic fluid. The glass eye shows either not enough or way too much cannot read it. Also I did add some but seemed like it came out of overfill tube. Help

Mechanic's Assistant: Sure thing. How can I help?

Not sure what to do?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

It’s not a car it’s a 2305 John Deere tractor 2009 year.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 2009 tractor?

It has 342 hours on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Not really, I wish there was a dipstick instead of the eye glass

11/21/2021
Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. Glad you've come here and are willing to let us at Just Answer assist you. May I get the first name of the person I am helping?

With the tractor off, on level ground, the front load down and the bucket tipped back, the 3-point linkage down. Where is the fluid in the sight glass?

My name is ***** ***** for short aka (Mich). I can't tell it's either over filled or empty. But it's been like that for over a year now. I have addedI guess that is my story.hydraulic fluid at times to be on the safe side. This fall I used the tractor to move a large tree that had fallen, when finished I parked in garage. After afew days I noticed a large leak under it. I wiped underneath to see if I could tell if it would continue to leak or what have you. I have not noticed anymore.

Thanks for those details, Michealla, sorry you are experiencing this frustrating hydraulic issue.

With the tractor off, on level ground, the front load down and the bucket tipped back, the 3-point linkage down. Can you send me a picture of the sight glass?

In the pictures, it shows to be full (overfilled) of oil, based on color and the air bubble at the top. Run the tractor and raise the front loader all the way up and tilt the bucket al the way to dump. See if the glass now is mostly white, which means there is no oil seen.

Ok it'll be a bit .

Thanks

It is still overfilled. The repair will be to drain off some of the oil. With all hydraulics ram down, (least amount of shiny metal shown) and the 3-point down. You should see the oil in the glass only filling up the glass in the range of 40-90%

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed if not please press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know. Moose

How can I take out?

You would remove the drain plug under the tractor and drain some out.

Ok thanks, I'm not use this as my husband has passed. Thank you very much, so I guess I have to drain some I can't let it be the way it is.

That is correct, you should not leave it overfilled, it can overflow from the vent.

Glad to help. If you need to respond to this concern later, please do so. Thanks for letting us help you. In the future, if help with new concerns is needed and you would like me to help. Open a new question at www.justanswer.com then write "For Chris-aka-Moose ONLY" at the beginning of your question.

Ok thanks.

You are welcome

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician