Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

3010 Deere hydraulics to rear remote issues After attaching…

3010 John Deere hydraulics to...
3010 John Deere hydraulics to rear remote issuesGood afternoonAfter attaching a Great Bend 800 Loader to the rear remote on our 3010 John deer I can only get the cylinders on the loader to extend, they will not retract. They cylinders will only extend no matter which way I push the spools forward or backward for both the loader arms and the bucket. After disassembling and cleaning the loader control valve and all four cylinders it seamed to start working properly until all the cylinders purged all the air then the same thing started happening again. All the seals in the cylinders and the control valve seemed to be good and the spool valves in the controller were very snug and tight.I'm thinking the Selective Control Valve might have something to do with it. The bottom port where the rear remote lines go to does not seam to have as much flow as the top port. Please see the attached image. Please give me your thoughts on what it could be.Thank you
9/24/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Does the loader have it's own valve to work the loader controls? Where are you returning the fluid from the loader control valve? It needs to dump directly back into the transmission cavity. You feed the valve from the rear remote valve, but the return needs to go back to the transmission reservoir/housing.

the loader has its own loader controls. Your comments seem to have put me back on the right track after receiving wrong information from my local John Deere service department. They told me to connect both lines to the rear remotes. The loader has a Cross controller model 1Z0202 that has a closed center conversion. After reading instruction on the Cross website they say an outlet must be plumbed to the tank to dump the oil from the return passage. I will complete the task and get back with results. Thank you so much!

sounds good

A guy at John Deere was suggesting to drill and tap 1/2 pipe thread on the side of the hydraulic filter cover and put a 1/2 female pioneer coupler there then connect the return right at the filter. He says it will prevent starving the hydraulics on the loader. Have you ever heard of that? The cover is cast iron, would there be any concern for failure or cracking of the cast iron? I have attached photos of the cover, the part number is *****

Never done it or seen it, but it will work. As long as the oil gets back to the transmission housing, any place will work, as long as it is not pressure. The filter is on the suction, and would be a spot that could be used.

I’m thinking about tee into the fill tube on top of the rock shaft housing first and try that first. Will that work?

YES, that would be my prefered spot!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Got it all setup and works good. I filled a pot hole in our private road already

Good job! Thanks for the update.