Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Pto cut off when mowing. deere x495 diesel. Pto cut off when…

Pto cut off when...

Pto cut off when mowing

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

John deere x495 diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Pto cut off when mowing have to wait about 20 or 30min for it engage back

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a john degree x495 pto cut off when mowing
8/28/2021
Mechanic: EricN910, Technician replied 1 year ago
EricN910
EricN910, Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I have been a technician with John Deere dealerships for 18 years it's my pleasure to assist you today

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay

I see that your x495 has a pto issue.Is that correct?

Engine is running fine just no blade engagement?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when you mowing about and half hour it cuts out and have to wait about 25min. for it engage back

With the engine running,if you pull up the pto switch,does the pto light on the instrument panel illuminate?

I see.Since it comes back on after it cools off,I suspect the pto solenoid on the rear of the transmission

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have replace that yesterday still doing samething after half hour

If you stand behind the tractor and look at the top of the transmission,you will see a small silver part with 2 wires.Thats the pto solenoid

You replaced the solenoid?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that the one i replacewhen thats was gone the battery light came on towhat could be the problem with it
Have you load tested the battery?The pto pulls ALOT of current to run the shaft drive deck
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i load test the battery it show 10volts and the alt. puting out 12volt while running
Battery should be 12.6 volts not running and alternator should be charging at 13.8
I believe you either have a battery that is failing or a alternator that's not keeping the battery charged
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when the mower running the battery light still stays at full throttle so that will make pto cut off while mowingthe battery light still stay on while running at full throttle so thats cause the pto cutts off like that
That's correct.The pto pulls a large load from the battery.If the battery is old or low charged,it will shut off the pto because it can't keep up the electric loadI recommend that the first step is to have the battery charged on a load tester such as advance auto or AutoZone.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i got a snap on hand held load testregular battery want work rightred. battery charger want workreg. battery charger want work
Oh yea.That will work as long as it's a load tester.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it do not have aload tester on it
I though you had a snap on load tester?If not,that's ok.But we definitely need to test the battery under a load to see what the reading is
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have a snapon battery test where you can throw a load on batteryi this the battery this evening it read 10volt with load test12volt with no load
That's too low under load.I believe you need to start with a new battery and then test the charge rate of the alternator
EricN910
EricN910, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay sir thank youyou have bless night
Same to you!Keep me updated!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay sir i will
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
having got back on it yet
No problem.I will keep the conversation open
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still not work on it yet been busy
No rush