Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

This isn’t a Deer, sorry. I have a Cub Cadet. lTX1040. We…

This isn’t a John...

This isn’t a John Deer, sorry. I have a Cub Cadet. lTX1040. We changed a PTO belt n then changed a tranny belt. But after replacing everything v

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Oops

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Model is 13AX90AR009 n the serial is 1A269h30016. After changing the belts when we started it it was engaged with both levers in the highest position. Only way it would disengage was to lower the levers down.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Agriculture Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Not anything I can think of

8/19/2021
Mechanic: EricN910, Technician replied 1 year ago
EricN910
EricN910, Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I have been a small engine mechanic for 18 years and hopefully I can offer you some assistance with your Cub Cadet
I see that you replaced a few belts on your LTX 1040 and now you're having some issues. Is that correct?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sure hope so too. Did
the problem if I understand correctly, is that the mowing deck stays engaged from the time you start the engine?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
as soon as we turn it onIs that due to the tranny belt being put in wrong
This is a normal sign that the belt that you installed on the deck is too short. It should be very loose in the pulleys until you push down the handle beside the seat.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HumIt was so loose before n cracked is why we changed it. We thought it was to fit on proper with no slack.
Did you use an oem Cub Cadet belt? Or did you use a generic aftermarket belt?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The PTO belt is a bit looseHad to use generic due this dealer not having right anything Cub Cadet for this mower. They have Cadet but never have what I needIt was a Husky or Hustler.Something like that.Sorry that was Huskee
The belt should be 1/2x 96.5 inches Long
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A 5/8" x 90" AramidOk let me check the other
The 90 inch belt should be the one for the transmission
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm lookingOk we also used a 1/2"x84"Think that was for the PTO n the other 90" for the tranny
The*****too short. That is why your dick is staying engaged constantly. You need to get the 96.5 in in length and it will resolve that issueDeck"
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wow ok will get the new one today. I know that was funny when I read that. You don't want to ever place the first one on a warm motor. Haha
Lol.Very true.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok one more so I get this exactly right. I need a 96" for the PTO n a 90 for the trannySorry I'm a lady. I can't get messed up or yelled at for getting it wrong 2nd time around as far as width? For both too please. Thank youWe are talking Huskee brands
The 5/8 x 90 is correct for the transmission.
The "deck" belt is 1/2 x 96.5
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They don't carry many Cadet n we bought it there TSC at thatOk you are a amazing wizard. Thank you so very much.I just thought that a 96 would be to loose n not go around the pulleys right. I would have thought it should be a little snug. But you are the expert. N I do appreciate all your help!!!
My pleasure!I'm here if you have further questions!
EricN910
EricN910, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Eric much appreciated!! I'll let you know how it all does n if there are more later. Have a nice dayI can't call today unless it's after my son gets home which will be after 4PM Indiana time.He's the o e working on it.