Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

John deer tractor died while running. And won't turn over.

John deer tractor died...

John deer tractor died while running. And won't turn over. Tried jump start still won't turn over tried jump seat safety switch still won't turn over did not get over heated while running. Has gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

John deer tractor died while driving. Now wont turn over even with jump. Has gas checked seat safety switch. Didn't over heat while driving.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Agriculture Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Not that I know of

7/5/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Can you turn the engine by hand? Tractor model?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure I was not there but they could tow it off the job. It did not over heat though. I won't see tract until tomorrow' at 630 am wanted to know a few things to check . not very familiar with tractors safety switches etc. Fuses

So you know the tractor model? Engine may be locked up! With it stopping under use, it either lost battery power, and the fuel solenoid killed it, or worse.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can the fuel solenoid be reset?

It has to have battery voltage to reset.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is the switch usually located?

On a diesel, at the injection pump, on a gas engine, at the carburetor bowl.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you. I will know more tomorrow when I see the tractor

OK>