Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

The mover blade wont engage. I've been cutting tall hills…

Customer Question
The mover blade wont...

The mover blade wont engage. I've been cutting tall hills lately. Did I do somthing to mess it up?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Sorry for the delay. John Deere GT245

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I inherited it from my father in law. I'm not sure where to find the serial number.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Agriculture Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I need to replace the battery too. I've been jumping it off to start it. Could that effect the cutting blade engagement? I pull the switch and nothing happens.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/5/2021
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I go offline at 3 pm CST. M-F

Weekend 2 pm CST for the day.

The most likely thing that happened is the wire came off or loose on the PTO clutch on the deck.

I suggest checking that.