Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Kubota 345DT Leak at PTO shaft. It appears that to replace…

Customer Question
Kubota 345DT Leak...

Kubota 345DT Leak at PTO shaft. It appears that to replace this seal one must remove the shaft and the seal/bearing housing in one piece. What must I do to extract the shaft ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

L245DT 50722

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am making the repair I have removed the top cover of the differential and the gear drive for the front axle on the bottom of the differential . I have removed the four bolts that secure the shaft bearing and seal to the back of the differential case

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

In talking with the Kubota dealer this repair seems uncovered in their service manuals. An old timer recalls a problem with a loose gear once the shaft is removed. Right now the shaft won't move

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/11/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

# 15 is the shaft, with the rear cover loose, the shaft assembly should come out, I don't see any gear that would be disturbed.