Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

PTO worked perfectly yesterday nothing today. Adco 7600. It…

Customer Question
PTO worked perfectly yesterday...

PTO worked perfectly yesterday nothing today

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Adco Alice 7600

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

It was pretty low on hydrolic fluid I just brought it and that's what I did not check ✅ so I bleed the steering cylinder

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
6/3/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Agco Allis, how is the PTO engaged? Switch on the dash or a manual lever?  With the switch, do you have battery voltage to the switch? Is the switch sending this voltage to the PTO solenoid? With lever. does it feel like it is shifting the internal fork?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The switch is on the side below the window Manuel switch. U can feel the switch work

Electric switch? Has to be powering a solenoid, Is the solnoid working?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not electric switch

Just a lever for engagement, have you followed the lever to the transmission and checked the linkage as to it is moving the shaft?

Then remove the linkage and move the lever by hand, do you feel the internal gears moving and the detent locking the shaft?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will check when I get home the PTO will now spin my baler but not with enough strength to do mutch

Do you have freeplay in the tractor clutch? If not the clutch can slip.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do have does the hydrolic pump in the rear end run that

I don't know, most tractors use the main clutch to drive the PTO.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Tractor does have a hydraulic clutch pack for the pto, running off the transmission pump, around 200 psi pressure.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so we're should I check the pressure is that the next step

Where the ourside lever, there is a valve, that would be the check port..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The ground drive lever

The PTO lever

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks I'm ordered filters and then I'm going to check pressure

OK>