Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I need to tow my 2305 deere to the mechanic. Do I need to do…

Customer Question
I need to tow...

I need to tow my 2305 john deere to the mechanic. Do I need to do anything other than put it in neutral

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I need to tow my 2305 john deere tractor to the mechanic. Do I need to do anything other than put it in neutral?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Agriculture Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No Just that

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/25/2021
Mechanic: Keiphun Sowell, Owner Brothers Restoration/Troubleshoot replied 1 year ago
Keiphun Sowell
Keiphun Sowell, Owner Brothers Restoration/Troubleshoot

Hello, My name is*****'m the Technician that will be assisting you today.

I co-own a Restoration/Advanced troubleshooting shop. So My hours on here vary day to day.

If I respond to your question that means I will be online for at least 30 minutes. If you respond after that time period, I will see your message and review it. But will not respond until I back get online.

I do not work for Just Answer, They have just allowed me to use their platform to help customers like yourself.

You may receive a automatic call request, which is a good option if you don't like texting. But I will almost never have the time to place a call. If I'm assisting you and we find a call is the best route. I will call you then.

Also under no circumstance do you post personal information other than your first name. If personal information is required (like your phone number) Just Answer has a secured way to exchange information.

Its a pleasure to get to assist you. Whom do I have the honor to be speaking with?

Hello, Sorry to hear you are having issues with you lawn tractor.

Yes All you have to do is place it in neutral and you should be good to go.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am angela, i need to tow my john deere 2305. just want to make sure i won't wreck the transmission if i tow it by just putting it in neutralIt has a hydrostatic transmission and my mechanic asked me to make sure

Nope you will be fine. Being the transmission is closed and spinning the wheels spin the pulley that drives the transimission. You will not damage anything.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank uou

My pleasure