Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

On my 6615 farm tractor the lift srms suddnely quit working…

On my 6615 farm...

On my 6615 farm tractor the lift srms suddnely quit working they are in the up position and wont move thank Frpostie

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

On my 6615 deere tractor th e lift arms sudnely quit workin they are in thr up position and wont move thanks *****: Is there anything else the Agriculture Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

The remotes are fine

Answered in 1 day by:
5/25/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule. Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with your tractor. Verify your oil level and oil condition for any possible traces of internal mechanical problems existing on the tractor that would flag a potential component failure existing. Check your drop rate control valve for proper adjustment and for any signs of metal or trash in the valve that would cause it to malfunction. Check the control valve for the same for your lift arms. Look for any trash or debris within the filter/screen as well that would flag internal mechanical problems. If this all checks out okay, use your voltage tester to probe the top two metal tabs of each fuse with the ignition switch in the on position while replacing any fuse with power only on one side. Swap your relays one at a time with a known good one for testing purposes. Thoroughly inspect your wiring harness and connector pins for any type of corrosion or damage that would cause a short or open circuit. Check for any potential fault codes logged on electric over hydraulic models so those fault codes can be investigated individually. It is very possible that this may be a hitch calibration related problem or a faulty component depending on what you have for fault codes and if having your hitch recalibrated is successful without throwing any fault codes. This possibly may even need the John Deere service advisor diagnostic software connected to run any potential software updates and for more in-depth testing and troubleshooting. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Dan, Technician