Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

We just purchased a home in NE Wisconsin that sits on 1.5…

We just purchased a home...
We just purchased a home in NE Wisconsin that sits on 1.5 acres, approximately half of the lot is tall red pine trees, but the remainder is grass. This is the first time we have owned a home that will require both snow removal on the driveway (about 150 feet to the street) and this much grass to mow – having just relocated from CA. We want to get some guidance on either buying a mower and snow blower separately, or whether buying a tractor combo with attachments to do both is worth the money? Thank you for any thoughts on this and directing me to resources.
4/23/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

For my money, I would invest in a good Zero turn mower, Like a Bad Boy gas-powered, from tractor supply or similar, and a gas-powered snow blower, You can buy a rider mower and a snowblower attachment, but it takes too much effort to swap the blower on and off the mower. And don't make the mistake of buying one of the new electric riders! They may be better in a few years, but I see too many folks on this site with battery and mower issues.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician