Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I’ve got the 1.3, 20 hp Deere, it sat over the winter, I…

Customer Question
I’ve got the 1.3...

I’ve got the 1.3, 20 hp John Deere, it sat over the winter, I went to start it and I’m not getting fuel past the pump, I’ve done all the standard air relief but to no avail, what might I be missing? I cracked both bleeders at the fuel filter/bowl, then cracked the bleeder at the banjo/input at pump, no fuel getting to injectors

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

External

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

John Deere 3t80uj tractor

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/20/2021
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I go offline at 4 pm CST. M-F

Weekend 2-3 pm CST for the day.

Please recheck the mower model number.

The model 3t80uj does not come up.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a John Deere 750 tractor with the yanmar diesel 1.3 , 20hp

Thank you for the response.

OK, that was the Yanmar 3 cylinder model.

If you are not getting smoke from the exhaust during cranking

to check the fuel shut-off solenoid on the injection pump, for 12 + volts,

if not check all the fuses with a voltmeter, at both ends of the fuse.

I hope this helps you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I'll check thanks

Thank you for the response.

You are very welcome.

Stay safe and healthy!!!!!!!!!

Keep me posted.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey Wayne, I don't see any shut off on the injection pump, no 12volt wires at all on this lift pump

Morning,

That is starnge, how do you shut it down?