Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Deere Z335 riding mower. The left rear wheel is…

I have a John Deere...
I have a John Deere Z335 riding mower. The left rear wheel is locked up, the hydraulics work when I pull the level but the wheel still doesn’t move. You can hear the hydraulics trying to move, but it’s still locked. How do I fix this?
4/18/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Park brake is releasing on the left rear? Has a spring that helps release when the park brake lever is released?  If not the park brake, and there is no debris wrapped around the wheel hub, the transmission has an internal problem. Maybe a bad bearing. And transmission would need to be disassemboed.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I’m not sure if the park brake is releasing. The brake lever did feel loose, I will try to check that. I’m not sure where the spring is for the park brake lever. Is there a schematic on the location of the spring? There is no debris wrapped around the wheel hub. I
Phone call session started

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am camping and will respond in four days when we get back thank you David

OK>

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Curtis,
Sorry I’ve been out of town for a while just getting back to you on this. I did your suggestion and it worked fine the mower is running OK.
Thank you

Good job! Thanks for the update.