Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a leak. Hydraulic fluid is leaking out of the fitting…

I have a leak...

I have a leak. Hydraulic fluid is leaking out of the fitting that connects the hydraulic line to the cylinder that raises the loader. Doesn't help to tighten the nut. If I do the fluid leaks out of the gap between the nut and the part of the fitting the line connects to. Is there something I can do short of draining the system and replacing the line?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

By the way, I have a 2210 Deere utility tractor and a 210 front loader.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

It will take a few minutes to get the model and serial numbers of my tractor and loader. Will get back to you.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Agriculture Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Deere 2210 Compact Utility Tractor

4/15/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

You don't have to drain the system, all the fluid lost will be minimal from the cylinder. Remove the hose and replace it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is the leaky connection

You just need a new tube. It  is not repairable, and you will lose very little oil.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK Thanks

Thank you.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician