Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

How do you take off the the on the 7108 new holland front…

How do you take...

How do you take off the the nut on the 7108 new holland front loader piston so I can change the the seals?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

My tractor is ford new holland 1720 with the loader 1708

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I am trying to take off the nut which just keeps spinning and goes nowhere

4/6/2021
Mechanic: TomcM28, Owner replied 1 year ago
TomcM28
TomcM28, Owner

Hello, welcome to Just Answer! My name is*****'d like to help you today. I'm a user on here just like you, I come on to help when time allows. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your New Holland, I'll do my best to work with you toward a solution.

Look in the side of the cylinder barrel for a small window. It'll be about 1/4" from the end cap. Inside that window will be a square retaining wire. Rotate the gland nut until you see an end in the window. Insert a pick into the window and pry outwards on the wire while rotating the gland nut so that the wire feeds out of the window. The other end of the wire has a 90 degree bend that hooks into the gland nut. A new wire should be provided in your seal kit.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need more assistance. Thank you for choosing Just Answer!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no small window. Is there another way to take it off?

There is either a retaining ring or the threads are stripped out.

TomcM28
TomcM28, Owner
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Thanks.