Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

5103 starter selenoid clicking. Won't turn over. Replaced…

Customer Question
5103 starter selenoid clicking...

5103 starter selenoid clicking. Won't turn over. Replaced starter but with no change. Battery is fully charged.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Serial #W00512D004749. 512 Loader on on a 5225 tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you!

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing myself. New starter, cleaned battery ground, replaced fuses and checked limit switches. Relay selenoid clicks.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2021
Mechanic: Heavy Equipment Tech, Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Heavy Equipment Tech
Hi, I'm Jason from the expert team, I will assist you today. I'm sorry to hear that, I will do my best to help you! Don't mind the pop-up for the phone call. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule. Sorry to hear you're having these troubles. We can talk as much as you want. Do you have at least 12.4 volt when you are starting?
Did you try to by pass the solenoid to see if it start?
Is it cranking?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ClicksNoThe relay selenoid clicks
Is your key signal is good?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can I check it?
You have a little wire that enter on the solenoid, you are suppose to have 12volt. You send me a picture, I will show you if you don't find it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OkayThe starter selenoid or relay?
On the starter solenoid, you will see a little wire coming from the key.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought it was a ground. Sorry!! Should I have voltage all the time, or just when the key is on?I'm on line with a technician trying to get the tractor going. You have meter?I don't have any power at all going to that wireSorry! Texted the wrong person..... Should there be power all the time?
No, just when the key is turn on! Follow the wire, it will goes to the key switch!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have no power.
Okay, you can try something. Take a wire, put it on the + of your battery and put it on the key wire on the starter. Be sure that your tractor is on neutral.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did what you said but it's still not working it still clicking.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Already did a long time ago. Nothing.
If this does nothing, you battery is in probem ,try to boost it with another battery.
Did it work?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had a haircut appointment. I'll try it soon.
Good tell me if it work!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Doing the same thing
Okay so you boost your battery and you by pass the solenoid and it not cranking? The wire on the starter a coming direct from the battery, you have two option, the starter is not good or the wiring between the starter and the battery is not good!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay
Did you find anything in your wiring?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not yet
Okay, if you need help, just ask!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay

Did you find out?