Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Replaced blades and blade pully (both) on a 130. Ran over a…

Replaced blades and blade...

Replaced blades and blade pully (both) on a 130. Ran over a piece of metal which stripped the teeth off pully (s) which why we replaced the units and the blades. All JD parts bought from local JD Dealer. Now when mowing, there is a strip of grass not cut between the two blades (looks like a mohawk hair cut) Blades are same as blades which where damaged. Trying to figure out why the uncut strip between the two blades... maybe an inch wide.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Ahh... let me go check this. It it a 130. will have to look for the serial number.. will take a few minutes..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Follow up on this problem... Model D130.

3/10/2021
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I go offline between 3-4 Pm CST. M-F

Weekend 2-3 pm CST for the day.

The only thing that would cause the grass not to be cut between the blades is the

spindle got bent when you hit the metal, this is not uncommon.

I hope this helps you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we replaced both spindles with JD parts along with the blades.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Both spindles were replaced with correct JD replacement parts as were the blades.

Thank you for that.

You did not mention spindles, just blades and pulleys.

• What part number did they give you for the blades?
  • Is this a 42 or 48" deck
  • Wayne
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
42 inch.

What is the part number they sold you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have the paperwork with me. How ever, I wire brushed the old one to find the number and the parts clerk at the JD dealer said that number was discontinued and the part he gave me was the replacement part based on his computer files. One difference we caught was the old part bolt holes were threaded and the new ones were not. One of the repair/service mechanics said the 100's now use self threading bolts, so I purchased the bolts to mount the spindles with.We compared the new to the old and that was the only difference we found between the spindles.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1/4) Ok, wilI. This was a neighbors mower and I am helping him out with this. His son is in the hospital with heart problems and he is being moved today to a2/4) nother hospital. His wife is also bed-ridden. Consequently he is under a lot of stress right now/today. I will go over and get the paperwork. However,3/4) it is time for you to leave. I will send the info and we can pick up on this tomorrow. We are on EST and you are CST. Thanks for your help today. Mik4/4) e.

Hi Mike,

Yes, that is fine tomorrow,

Also, you mentioned, the new was self-tapping screws, make sure the spindles are flush and even.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
spindles are flush and even. spindles I was given by JD was AUC15811

Then I do not know, if the parts are correct

the deck must be bent, or out of alignment.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks !

welcome............

Wayne, Journeyman
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he did what he could to help. working now on a different solution locally.