Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have a Deere 850 with loader and backhoe.Leaks and

Customer Question
Have a John Deere...

Have a John Deere 850 with loader and backhoe.Leaks and foams.fluid out the top of the canister to right of drivers seat. Don't know what this part is called or function. New to this tractor thing.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

S/N ch08505023638 John Deere 850

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/28/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

I see the question has gone answered. I looked up the Deere 850 and found nothing that would seem to fit the description of the part. Can you attach a picture? Is oil level correct in the transmission, as it is the reservoir for the transmission and hydraulics? If the oil is filled with air and is coming out of a vent, the pump for the hydraulics is sucking air. and the only place air can enter is on the suction, before the pump, everything after the pump is under pressure and air can not enter.