Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a TT475 with only 500 hrs. on it and for the last 300…

Customer Question
I have a TT475...

I have a TT475 with only 500 hrs. on it and for the last 300 hrs. the brakes are making a very annoying Chatter when applied and also when the clutch is disengaged slowly.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

TT4.75

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

TT4.75 Tractor NH1368500 Eng. number 188648D

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I have asked a dealer about it and had the tractor serviced the dealer said he was not concerned BUT I AM.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
2/12/2021
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I go offline between 3-4 Pm CST. M-F

Weekend 2-3 pm CST for the day.

Yes, Dealers are never concerned, when it comes to Warranty work

too much paperwork to file, and a long waiting period collecting.

I suggest you DEMAND the wheels pulled and the brakes shoes checked,

can be loose linings, broken rivets, shoe retainer loose or broken.

If he does not give you satisfaction, contact JD headquarters.

Click the link below.

I hope this helps you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Wayne you are full of crap. You didn't even research the tractor model for brake system. And what good would it be contacting the JD Headquarters when the tractor is a New Holland. You are a fake
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Your New Holland has internal brakes and is running in the hytrans fluid of the transmission. The brake chatter can be helped by adding an anti-chatter fluid to the hytrans oil. but will do nothing for the clutch, as it is a dry clutch. Use additive p/n 402982A2 at a minimum concentration of 1 pint per 7.5 gallons of fluid. You may double the amount to 1 quart per 7.5 gallons but do not exceed that amount.