Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My rear pto was run dry of fluid. Wondering approximatel…

My rear pto was...

My rear pto was run dry of fluid. Wondering approximatel cost to repair or replace. It is a kubota bx2380 tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Hello?

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

1/8/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

What is the transmission? Hydrostat? PTO is not going to run dry if the transmission is working and had fluid. The transmission has to be removed from the tractor to replace the PTO clutch.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not tractor savvy. Kubota bx2380

Tell me what is happening with the PTO? Is the operating lever, moving the shaft that goes to the pto valve?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The lever is fine. It ran low of fluid. Burning smell. Won't turn the rear shaft

Repair will run over $1200 !

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician