Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My 3032e is sluggish to accelerate and pulls down very easy…

Customer Question
My 3032e is sluggish...

My 3032e is sluggish to accelerate and pulls down very easy under very light loads. is this a fuel problem or an exhaust problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It is a 2016 3032e john deere utility tractor with 4wd assist. i do not have the serial number in front of me

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am mechanically able to diagnose and repair if i know a direction to start. this issue seemed to start somewhat suddenly while was using it in a field mowing. that is why i am leaning toward fuel issue, maybe a fuel filter?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
12/10/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

With a diesel engine, low power should always be fuel problem, and changing the fuel filter is the first thing to do.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
usually it would accelerate quickly but yesterday it was very slow to pick up rpms. i was using a brush hog at 2500 rpm and in very minor vegetation and even just pulling the tractor its self it would pull down and loose powerwould the region process cause any issue like this? i think i turned off the region button but not sure
i am going to try to do a park regen when i go back to the farm to work on it.

Change the fuel filter and try it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have a filter and i m going to do that but is there anything else i need to check? does the tank have a pickup tube filter?
i did not get a manual with this tractor so i have no diagrams.

No, there are no other filters at the tank.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok because I have seen a couple of videos that show a screen in the tank but they were not my model of tractorIs there a rule of thumb on number of hours before changing fuel filters. My dealer says 4-500 hours on oil but I have not inquired about fuel.ok because i have seen a couple of videos that show a screen in the tank but they weren't my model of tractor.

Once a year, or anytime performance drops!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
other than air issues in the fuel lines, is there any thing else i need to be aware of in changing the fuel filter. is there any other fuel system service that needs to be done?

No, that's it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thank you i will give it a shot and see if it fixes the issue.
Mechanic: ChristopherM713, Owner/Operator replied 1 year ago
ChristopherM713
ChristopherM713, Owner/Operator

Hi this is Chris. There are 2 known issues that cause this that most people dont know about or over look. The diafram in the fuel prime pump will develop a small hole in it allowing it to suck air also the fuel shut off control could be trying to stick half way i would advise to check those

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where would I find the fuel shut off control? Would this be something that is covered under the power train warranty? I still have 2 years.

It is located on the injection pump it should be under warrantry

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the procedure to check its operation?Is it a simple on/off type of thing or if it has power to it it's good?

it has to have power and you should hear it click when you turn key on and off

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay thank you I will check it as well. The tractor doesn't shut off. It just looses power and is sluggish to accelerate.

if it wont sut off then it could be a power issue to shut off

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh the tractor dies when I turn it off. I meant it doesn't die when using it. Just loses power. I can back off the hydra stat pedal and the rpms will slowly recover

let me know the out come

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will doThank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not put the tractor in the field but the fuel filters seemed to help the exceleration.