Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

2009 John deere 3520 has error code 14 & no reverse?

Customer Question
2009 John deere 3520...

2009 John deere 3520 has error code 14 & no reverse ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

LV3520H512369

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only looked for wires unplugged at this time and yes if I can

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/20/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Ok thanks

This fault code is for your forward and reverse travel circuit indicating that there is either an open circuit or short within the wiring or your shift solenoids. If this checks out okay you will want to check your forward and reverse potentiometer as well as the wiring and recalibration of your forward and reverse potentiometer. This very well could be a failed forward and reverse potentiometer itself. In the manual it suggests to go to the dealer for this fault code repair. Reply back for the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Error 14

Pump Current.

Coil resistance too high (open) or too low (short).

Machine does not drive.

Contact your John Deere dealer.

Is there any type of flow chart or location of these circuits ?

That would be covered in the diagnostic manual. The dealer gets almost $300 for that manual but I found you one for under 75 dollars for download.

https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/281583014-deere-3120-3320-3520-3720-compact-utility?a=516802