Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have a 3038D Deere that the pto will not engage when you…

Customer Question
Have a 3038D John...

Have a 3038D John Deere that the pto will not engage when you pull up switch and it blow the kill colinoid on diesel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Have a 3038D John Deere that the PTO will not engage, when you pull switch then it blows the kill colinoid on diesel pump and PTO does not turn

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not now

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/15/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Locate the PTO solenoid and unplug the harness to it, then see if the fuse blows, if it does, you have a short in the harness. If it does not blow, you have a shorted PTO solenoid.