Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My 7410 john deere the pto wont engage feels like it is

Customer Question
My 7410 john deere...

My 7410 john deere the pto wont engage feels like it is under the tractor put not spinning. The light on the dash is blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes checked to see if anything is unplugged

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/7/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/80064/referrer/navigation/pgId/381585878

Okay sounds good when I turn the PTO switch on it feels like it's spinning in the tractor but the the PTO shaft isn't spinning

The PTO solenoid is on the rear cover. Is it getting battery voltage? If it is the valve itself may be bad.

Okay thanks for your help probably going to take it to hurin tractor Monday

OK< Thanks.