Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Regarding my 1987 Kubota L2250. When mowing the PTO slips in…

Regarding my 1987 Kubota L2250...
Regarding my 1987 Kubota L2250. When mowing the PTO slips in heavy grass. What is the best remedy for this problem? Thanks.
11/5/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

https://www.messicks.com/ku/85267?sectionId=218311&diagramId=350276

The PTO is a mechanical pto. does it make a noise like it is ratcheting? Or is the shaft slipping all the way to the PTO clutch on the flywheel? If the shaft is slipping, the clutch disc on the flywheel may need to be replaced.See the PTO link above,

Thank you. ***** does not make a noise. In heavy grass, the shaft to the mower stops turning. It binds at 6 inches. When I raise the cutter to 8 inches, it cuts fine.

Then the clutch plate at the flywheel is slipping when the shaft stops. Repair would be splitting the tractor and replacing the drive disc.

Thank you. Sounds expensive!

Can be if you have to have a dealer do it.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician