Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My 4110 will not start. It shut off after I got off the

My 4110 will not...

My 4110 will not start. It shut off after I got off the tractor without moving the hydoshift lever to neutral. Replaced the 11 year old battery just now. Still not starting. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing else.

11/3/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Is anything lighting up? Any lights showing for neutral or PTO?

The normal starting lights appear on the instrument panel.

Does the transmission show to be in neutral? Hold key in start and wiggle each of the operating levers and the clutch pedal.

There is no indicator for neutral. Hydrostatic transmission so no clutch. I tried jiggling the shift lever already.

It has two neutral switched, one for the pedals, and one on the range shifter, and it has a brake switch. And two PTO switches, one for mid, and one for rear.

I know only about the neutral position on the 2 speed hydrostatic lever. How do I check other neutral switches? The tractor is stuck in a field currently so cannot work on it tonight.

Rock the foot pedal around, so it goes to neutral. the pto switches are under the fender where the linkage has to push on them when in neutral, so you can check the switches with a volt/ohm meter for continuity.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician