Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

The mid PTO will not engage. The yellow light on the right…

Customer Question
The mid PTO will...

The mid PTO will not engage. The yellow light on the right side flashes irregularly. "04 JD 4210

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I can't get the serial no. now. It's an '04 4210

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just starting to look at it. Just bought the tractor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

60" mower deck. Nothing else I can think of.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
10/29/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

PTO is engaged by a solenoid. One of the solenoids is for the rear, the other is the mid-PTO. See if the solenoid is getting voltage when the key is on and the switch is thrown. Either a voltage problem or a bad solenoid.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sounds good. Where are the solenoids located? I just bought it and don't know my way around it yet.No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. Gets me a starting point. Dave

OK<