Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Kioti DS4510 and have ordered a show plow with

Hi. I have a Kioti...
Hi. I have a Kioti DS4510 and have ordered a show plow with angle hydraulics from the seat. I have two hydraulic circuits at the back of the tractor. Can I use thee two circuits and use the A/B switch to angle the blade left and right to avoid installing an additional hydraulic control. So you understand the whole picture, the front end loader is plumbed into the A or B switch with the return connected to the hydraulic fill port.
10/28/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Sure, the circuits in the back will work two of the functions. You can get the other off the front circuit.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. Just realize I explained this wrong. It's the backhoe that is using (one) of the A or B circuits at the rear of the tractor with the return going to the hydraulic fill port. The plow blade will have (2) hydraulic lines. Do I connect these two lines to the A&B ports and use the A & B switch lever to move the blade left and right? I think this would work, just won't have a return line from the plow.

Plow has two, double-acting cylinders? Then the A and B port will work, and the return is through the valve itself, as one side will always be pressure, and the other return.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here are the specs, Curtis.Features:
- Heavy-Duty Construction
- Skid-Steer style quick tach
- Shocks to maximize efficiency and blade life
- Standard flat-face couplers used
- Angles side to side and up and down
- High-flow not required
- Single cylinder operation
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
One cylinder. Here is the manual. Hydraulic diagram is on the last page.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am I thinking correctly? Let's say (A) moves the blade left and (B) would be the return. Then the opposite to move the blade to the right?

A single double-acting cylinder. You need the two hoses from one of the outlets, pressure and return swaps as you move cylinder left and right.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry , I don't understand. I'm not good at this stuff. How would I control the oil flow to move left and right. Use the A,B switch lever at the right of the seat connecting one hose to A and the other to B?

The lever should open one port going to the cylinder,A, the B port on the same spool, should return the flow, and when you move the lever in the opposite direction, the flow reverses.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. Thanks. So the detent valve lever can be used to move the blade left or right and after the blade is angled, put the lever in neutral?

Yes.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Sir.

Thank you!