Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My D-170 mower quit moving forward or backwards. D-170 54…

Customer Question
My D-170 mower quit...

My D-170 mower quit moving forward or backwards.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

D-170 54 inch cutting deck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I like to fix it myself.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
10/26/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Is the drive belt between the engine and the transmission, turning the top pulley on the transmission? Did it quit under use? Have you had a rear wheel off?

I was mowing the lawn when sundenly the mower quit moving,the blades still rotate.

Is the drive belt between the engine and the transmission, turning the top pulley on the transmission? Belt is off a pulley or broken, it is the belt above the deck belt.

Don't know, at work right now. Try back tomorrow . All I can say it is a D 170 54 inch cutting deck which works.

See the link I sent, belt is likely the problem.