Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

New holland tn 65, will not move sometimes when clutch is…

Customer Question
New holland tn 65...

New holland tn 65, will not move sometimes when clutch is released, might have to engage clutch a couple of times slowly for the tractor to move, once it moves than I can go from reverse to forward in the same gear with no trouble until I go to a new gear.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Good I hope so.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No tractor works fine once it is moving, but sometimes it takes a couple of tries to move at first.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/24/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

TN65 standard tractor has just mechanical clutch and linkage, Do you have free play in the clutch pedal? If you do, you have a linkage or the clutch parts binding from rust, or dust, and with no way to grease anything, the tractor will have to be split for clutch repair.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Clutch seems to have no problem.I think it has to do with the wiring or selinoud

?? So you say it is not the clutch? Mechanical transmission? Has to be the clutch, do you have an inch of freeplay?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I believe it is one of the two electrical connections, but which one? this is a shud. transm. many times if I put the trans in a gear and press down on the clutch a light will flash on the panel, this indic. does not show up in the manual, I move the level up or down the machine will not move, press on the clutch and release it slowly and the tractor moves in the direction of the moved lever.

If you think it is electrical. unplug the connections and use cleaner in them and electrical grease to keep them clean and moisture can't get in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will do that, one connection if it is bad will not allow the tractor to start as this tractor the clutch must me pressed to start . The local parts guy told me that there are two sel one of which may be the problem, that was all the help he could give, both cost about the same, one I can find in the front panel, the other I can not, hate to just buy parts to experiment/thanks, ***** ***** try the unplug and cleaning first, I use the tractor but this problem is not the way to work.

OK>