Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

How do I remove the driveshaft from a zg327 kubota zero turn…

Customer Question
How do I remove...

How do I remove the driveshaft from a zg327 kubota zero turn mower?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Its a Kubota ZG327PA-60 Serial # 51540

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yrs, fixing it myself, I’ve removed the bolt that secured the front I joint to the gear box slide and tried to slide the shaft backwards off of the spline (assuming the shaft telescopes) but the shaft won’t budge. I also decouple the coupler at the rear u joint and tried to slide it off the rear spline but the shaft isn’t budging.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
10/18/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

Drive shaft for the deck? Have you removed the deck and slipped it off the gearbox? The shaft should pull apart but may be hung in the spline. Do you need the end off of the transmission end? You have to hold the spring-loaded collar forward, to release the lock balls. And it may require prying it off, while holding the collar forward. Hard for one person to do.

Thanks, ***** *****

Good job!