Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I am not geting power to switch. John deere 4300 automatic…

Customer Question
I am not geting...

I am not geting power to switch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

John deere 4300 automatic transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Well i tried a lot thing but i cant find the problem so here i am

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

New switch, battery i cleaned wire conned points, i tried thermistor, cool start wire but light go out but will no come bach on checked battery can not find problem no power from battery check connection are tight

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No not right now

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
10/11/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help you out. Click on this link to use the diagrams for reference when component locating.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/75863/referrer/navigation/pgId/241253901

with the ignition switch and the on position use a voltage tester to test for power on both sides of each one of your fuses replacing any fuse with power only on one side. Swap your relays one at a time with a known good one for testing purposes.Test your battery with a digital battery tester to make sure there are no bad cells or other internal problems and the battery is functioning within its rated capacity. check all cables and connections between your battery and starter assembly including all grounds.test and make sure you have full 12 volts of voltage coming out of your ignition switch in the cranking position. Be sure to check all of your safety switches such as your seat switch and your neutral safety switch and wiring. Test for voltage at the starter solenoid signal wire or s terminal for voltage with the ignition switch in the cranking position to make sure you have 12 volts there in order to crank the starter. If you have half the voltage like 6 volts or no volts then you will want to test out your ignition circuit and your safety switch circuit.If there is voltage there but the starter is not responding it's an indication of a faulty starter solenoid or starter assembly. If you find that there is only six volts there then John Deere did have a problem where they installed a relay and an update kit in order to bypass the existing ignition circuit to run a relay to get 12 volts to the starter signal wire. Reply back with the results of all of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks wil check tommarow and call you back
You're very welcome.