Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

After engaging mower on 2025 compact mower wil run about a…

Customer Question
After engaging mower on...

After engaging mower on 2025 compact mower wil run about a minute and nthen stop

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2025omllvu28128

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put some trans oi in

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Would the mower stop if the trans oil was low.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

This is a Deere 2025 compact tractor? Is this a rear mower, run of the rear PTO shaft? Is PTO manual engaged or a button on the dash?

Belly mount control on the dashMower shuts off after about 2 minute

OK, Is transmission low on oil? The PTO is turned on and off by the solenoid activated by the dash switch, it may be losing voltage. Will it come back on if you pish switch in and pull it back out?

No

Are you losing voltage to the PTO solenoid?

Donotknow also this winter the tractor would start but when I engaged the low speed selectee tractor would stall l finally got it move after l let the tractor warm up I did just put some trans oil in this's week but l have no had any leakage

Do you have a voltmeter to check the voltages?

I have
Pushed it in and pulled it and mower would not engage until l shut tractor off and pulled lt out but would only run for a minute or so

Sounds like the voltage may be low and the solenoid is dropping out. What is the voltage at the solenoid?

Right now l don't know where

OK>