Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Is there an adjustment for the pto clutch on JD 4020 power…

Is there an adjustment...

Is there an adjustment for the pto clutch on JD 4020 power shift?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

John Deere 4020 sn: 157011

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

How much does answering the question cost?

Mechanic's Assistant: It's just a small, refundable fee for a 7-day JustAnswer trial. After that, it's a small monthly membership fee. Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mostly I just want to know if the tractor has to be split in two. If it does I would need to take it in.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t usually work on tractors much. Can I just pay a one time fee? I don’t want a subscription

9/21/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

No, the PTO clutch is not adjustable. It is all in or all out.

It slips under load so most likely the clutch or whatever drives the pto on a power shift will need replacing? Which would mean the tractor has to be split in two?

Yes, the tractor has to be split.

That’s what I expected. Thanks!

Sorry.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician