Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Just bought a nearly new New Holland workmaster 25. I have…

Just bought a nearly...

Just bought a nearly new New Holland workmaster 25. I have front bucket, finish mower and box scraper. I've downloaded manuals and everything I can find (this is my second New Holland, previously had a 40hp). So I am looking around the site to learn everything I can to take care of it and also thinking about what I can do with it. Backhoe is so tempting.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Workmaster 25, S/N 40241188

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Any issues I need to pay extra attention to with this model?

9/19/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay.  I don’t have a particular problem now.  Mostly wondering if this series of tractors have issues that I need to pay attention to.

No issues with the basic tractor. Just remember it is not the larger tractor you had before, and loader and adding a backhoe, are both items that can overload a small frame tractor, and break frame and the attaching hardware.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did contact the “local” dealer (about 7 hours away).  The back hoe is a big deal to get installed.  I haven’t decided it that should be in my budget.  It looks like it would be smart to have them install since there is some hydraulic setup to do, not just a “bolt on” project.I think they are asking about 1/2 of what I paid for the tractor to sell and install the loader.

Other than the plumbing, you could mount the backhoe. The plumbing is a bit more complex!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought so. thanks.

Thank you.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician