Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Deere 1070 - replaced them clutch for third time in…

Customer Question
I have a John...

I have a John Deere 1070 - replaced them clutch for third time in its life. This time PTO works fine & I goes in gear easy but doesn’t move when I hear - is that a adjustment & if so which one & which direction

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

1070 4x4 1992 year m010z0a115983

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just need what to adjust & which way

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/12/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

The adjustment is the link between the clutch pedal and the lever on the clutch housing. Do y9u have at least 3/4 inch of freeplay? It needs freeplay or the clutch will not fully engage the flywheel.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have thatThey adjustment on the clutch assy where should it be set atIt's the 3 bolts on assy that you adjust thru the opening by brake panel

If you have freeplay, the internal adjustment will not help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Free play where -

In the pedal travel

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok - so what would cause it not to pull in gear - pto goes in smooth & turns - gear goes in smooth but tractor doesn't pull, once I dis engage pedal? I replaced all on the clutch assy with a new one

The clutch has to have freeplay or the pressure plate does not put its full pressure against the clutch disc. The pto is the inner plate. So it can be ok, while the drive disc slips . I would guess you have a loader on the tractor and use it to dig with.

# 6 is the link that needs to be adjusted to get freeplay.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/83784/referrer/navigation/pgId/17371232

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
front loader on it & I own it sense new - I have ran a round baker too. I have clutch assy back off compression plate by 1/16That what I abjust to a 3/4" play

Yes, the external rod.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Customer attachment 9/12/2020 7:36:48 PM
4f622d5c-583f-4af0-9f54...jpeg4f622d...jpeg2f3deded-6d0d-40c1-b3e0...jpeg2f3ded...jpeg4b5781f4-972c-4ec9-8ded...jpeg4b5781...jpeg1ff39ce0-cc42-4bc7-8fdd...jpeg1ff39c...jpeg
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Last pictures is play in pedal

OK> So it has freeplay? If it does, that's all you can do. Adjusting for less will just make clutch slip worse.