Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My new (100 hrs) 2025R tractor stopped and will not start.

Customer Question
My new (100 hrs)...

My new (100 hrs) 2025R tractor stopped and will not start. The dash is telling me to shift into neutral I can shift into into hi & low so it must be hitting neutral. The shifted is connected I can se it working and hear it also. It is hard to see where the shifter terminates. Is the neutral switch internal or external. Or is it a seat switch problem. It did stop shortly after shifting it to neutral and lifting my butt off the seat.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Great. Should I try bypassing the seat switch first?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/6/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

Is this a hydrostat transmission? Have you worked the hydrostat pedal, to ensure it is also in neutral?

They are working fine but I don't think they really have a neutral position They were the 1st problem I had. At 30 hrs the retaining nut came off and the pedals went dead. Easy fix if you have an extra 18mm nut

They do have a neutral position, I would check the linkage as you have had a problem before. You could bypass the seat switch if it only has two wires.

I did the seat test, no help. Is the switch external?

#5 in the top of the transmission housing shows to be the neutral switch.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/66990/referrer/navigation/pgId/155850599

I believe that I can see it from the back of the tractor but I have my backhoe on. Is there an easy way to test?

Remove the harness and jumper it.

Done no change

I think you have a problem with the hydrostat pedal.!

Thanks for help
I left a message with my dealer. He can deal with it.

OK>