Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I'm going to try this again I have a Deere 425 model lawn…

Customer Question
I'm going to try...

I'm going to try this again I have a John Deere 425 model lawn tractor had to remove the front end because of a water pump issue plus had to replace the gasket on the carburetor got everything back together went to start the lawn mower sounded all right but went to engage the PTO tomorrow and lost power bog down earlier I had to replace the fuel filter also it is still pumping fuel spark plugs are getting fire even pulled one side off then the other both still fire an engine runs with one plug at a time reset the governor counterclockwise pushed in on the lever towards the carburetor tightened it back down got the RPMs running at 3600 for the high running at 1800 for the low The lawn mower runs okay but when I engage the PTO to cut grass when I get in the grass 6 to 8 in tall it bogs down and running the deck going uphill it bogs down alsoI did not have any other problems with this tractor before having to pull the front end off of the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Okay

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

For right now that's it we just need help to get it back to running properly

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/6/2020
Mechanic: james Roberts, Mechanic replied 1 year ago
james Roberts
james Roberts, Mechanic
Somehow I got locked out on the other question and you are talking to the other guy again. I haven't been able to find anything we haven't already discussed. The only thing I can think is making your ignition coils are breaking down. They may not be enough to cause the engine to stall out. They may be just enough to cause a loss of power. I would maybe try new coils and plugs and see if that makes any difference. I'll keep looking around in the meantime.