Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have JD 2025R and the PTO works inconsistently. After a of…

Customer Question
I have JD 2025R...

I have JD 2025R and the PTO works inconsistently. After a good day of mowing, the PTO won't operate for next day or so. Currently It's been 2 days and the PTO turns on an runs for a few seconds. This happened twice today after 3 attempts. The first attempt proffered no reaction. What's wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

JD2025R, *****************

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

N0

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/5/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

Good

The light comes on in the dash? And this is a PTO engage with a bottom? The PTO solenoid is not getting battery voltage, or the valve is sticking.

Light comes on. There are 2 pto shafts, underneath and out the back. Don't understand "with a bottom". Where is solenoid?
PTO engages with push, pull knob. Pull to engage.

Yes, and it has to power the solenoid in the links I sent. Check the solenoid for battery voltage with the key on and the button pulled.