Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I just bought a nearly new Kioti 2510. For the first time, I…

I just bought a...

I just bought a nearly new Kioti 2510. For the first time, I am attempting to mow, but my belly mower is "locked" in the up position and I don't want to put enough pressure to push it down in fear of breaking it. Is there a lock somewhere I have to remove?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2510 UY6500027 with a SM2410 belly mower - the backhoe and front loader are also attached.

Answered in 3 days by:
9/9/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help you out. It is very possible that the previous owner could have added a safety mechanism to support the mower in the up position. I would do a visual inspection and walk around of the mower deck to make sure there is no locking or latching device around the perimeter that would hold the mower deck in the up position and attached to the tractor. If there is not, should be able to lower your mower deck.Follow up with some photos if any further help is needed at different angles around your mower deck attachment. This is an aftermarket attachment or installation even though it is the same brand and therefore the previous owner could have added to the attachment. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Dan, Technician
Thanks, Dan. I will take a look...
You're very welcome.