Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 1993, 450G bulldozer and I am looking to put a JD…

Customer Question
I have a 1993...

I have a 1993, 450G bulldozer and I am looking to put a JD skidder winch on the back on the machine. I can NOT fine anywhere a 19 spline, Major Dia 1.269, min dia 1.120 to fit into the female spline at the back of the dozer? JD made the spline therefore they must have piece of equpment that goes into it, I need a piece of this spline. any help would be great. Lincoln *** **-***-**** or ***@roadrunner.com Thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Searial # TO450GF789923 1993 450G TC

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/4/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help you out. The John Deere parts do not go by dimension as far as looking them up. In order to find this part you are looking for, you will need to identify the winch part number or model number to then lookup these parts in the John Deere parts catalog. If it is not listed by winch part number or model number, you will need to identify it by the John Deere skidder model that the winch came off of. Click on the link below for the John Deere parts catalog link to use in this search. Reply back with all of this information I posted above if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/

I am sorry but there is no model # 's etc on the winch so I can't help you. the spline shaft coming out of the winch is 19 grooves about 1,5 inches long. I am going to fabruicat a shaft. all I need is a JD spline shaft to fit into the dozer

There are several different winches that fit on John Deere equipment. There is a 3000 series and 4000 series wench made by John Deere, then there is also an allied brand winch made for John Deere equipment as well. Do you not have any idea what model skidder this winch came off of? Do you have any pictures? The reason I ask is that you will be fabricating from nothing if you do not have any way to identify the model winch you have. The parts books do not list any of these gears or couplings by dimensions. You have to determine this model information to even have a starting point of which parts books to search in or you will just be fabricating this from scratch.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/56547/referrer/navigation/pgId/77212344

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/56547/referrer/navigation/pgId/77212343

The links I posted above give you access to the parts book for this dozer and the transmission components.