Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Deere 330 garden tractor after I mow for awhile if…

Customer Question
I have a John...

I have a John Deere 330 garden tractor after I mow for awhile if I shut it off it won't restart no power to starter. Then when it cools down it will start right up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

K

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. I made sure the battery was good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I heard it could be an ignition control module

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/18/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

Yanmar diesel engine? The more likely cause is a bad starter or solenoid. Take a voltmeter or test light and see if you are getting battery voltage to the switch wire on the starter when it will not engage. If you are you have a starter or solenoid breaking down when it gets hot. If it does, starter and solenoid need to be replaced or rebuilt.

my battery is going dead while I'm mowing. Even when there is a charge in the battery it won't turn over when hot. I'm thinking two issues? Possibly a bad starter/solenoid and a bad alternator? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Don't be discouraged if I don't reply right away. I work swing shift so sometimes it may take me a bit to respond. Thanks

OK>