Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Deere 2155, it's All been Good. I've owned it for 19 yrs+. I…

Customer Question
John Deere 2155, it's...

John Deere 2155, it's All been Good. I've owned it for 19 yrs+. I stopped for a drink of water and when I went to take back off, I don't have Hydraulics. It won't steer or the mower won't lift.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Fluid is on the top mark as always

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

The pump shaft going into the front pump is turning

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
This 2155 is a utility tractor
8/7/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

K.

Drive shaft is not slipping on the pump drive shaft? The shaft going into the pump is turning?

Pump shaft Is turning

Fluid flowing to the flow control?

How would I check thatWhere is the flow controlNo. I check the schematic and no I don't believe I have pressure at the flow valve

So you have no output from the pump.???

I checked, No pressure at the flow control, No Pressure at the remote hook upsNo pressure at the steering valvewould that be the pump mounted on the front of the tractor at the radiator?

Seems odd that the pump would just fail or the valve would be stuck. Yes, the pump-driven off the front of the crankshaft.

It was doing fine and then I stopped for bout 8 minutes and when I started back it wouldn't raise the mower or steerI had shut it off during that time

Usually that is pump drive shaft problem.

K

Let me know.

The pump shaft looks to be moving at the same speed as the coupler

Then the pump has a problem.

K. Thanks

OK>